Fly fishing 101 Grand River -Fergus, Ontario
This is a specific Full Day course that is ideal for the brand new fly fisher. Sometimes fly fishing can be complicated at first, but we strive to take the newest angler and break down the essentials without overwhelming anyone. This is a very fun class and is great if you take it alone or you can spend the day with family/friends learning this new skill. At the end of the day we can even try out our luck and cast some flies into the local river for Brown Trout.
- Set up – We teach the proper way to set up the fly rod from start to finish.
- Knots – We teach the basic knots a beginner needs to know to get started (clinch knots, perfection loop, and uni knots)
- Styles – We explain what the difference is between streamers fishing, dry fly, nymph fishing, and why all 3 are effective in certain situations.
- Flies – We teach the 5 basic must-have flies with which a new fly fisher should stock their fly box. We also teach appropriate fly selection based on the type of water we’re fishing.
- Casting – Our instructors are certified with the Federation of Fly Fishers and will be able to teach anglers the basic casts to get started.
- Fishing – Now for the fun stuff!! Let’s try out our luck for the last couple hours by stepping into the river, casting flies for Brown Trout.
- What you need – We supply all the equipment except the waders! Bring waders, sunglasses, and a camera. Let us take care of the rest.